Monday, April 28, 2008

Making Glitter Embellishments

It's time for another Monday of tips and tricks. Here is this weeks tutorial by CPS designer Kandis Smith:


What you will need: Tacky glue, foam brush, glitter, foam stamps, cardstock.


Pour glue onto plate. (don't worry it will wash off!!) Using your foam brush, applly a thick layer of glue to your foam stamp. (Remember to wash your stamp right after using it or the glue will dry and be very difficult to remove.)


Stamp onto cardstock, trying not to slide. Press down hard and lift straight up. You should be able to see your image on the cardstock. If you're lucky you get it on the first time. I usually have to try a couple times. The glue should be thick and even.


Pour glitter over glue. Make sure to cover image evenly and shake off excess. Let dry.


Cut out image and embellish. These are so fun on cards and layout pages. Be creative and show us what you can do with this fun technique!!

20 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

GET OUT!!! This is the COOLEST EVAH!!! Great tutorial Kandis! WOW!

Tanis said...

I LOVE these!!! How fabulous and easy :) Thanks for sharing!
(i'll be sparkly this week for sure!)

Katie said...

Super creative and CUTE!! Love it, Kandis!

Kazan said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing - they came out beautifully :)

michelle said...

wow great tutorial TFS !!

Lea L. said...

Awesome tutorial Kandis!! Love it!

~Lea

Dawny P said...

Brilliant Kandis - what a fab tutorial. How stunning does it look. TFS xx

Kathleen said...

OK---first, I notice that I'm the only commenter so far without a picture----I should work on that---second--I LOVE THIS!!!! HOW EASY IS THAT? I have those foam stamps from painting my daughter's room back in the day and letting her "stamp" the walls in paint....lesson learned---you can paint over paint---good! Anyway, I'm so trying this! Thanks~

Jackie G said...

I just love those flowers!! What a super great idea!!!

Anabelle said...

This is just brilliant, Kandis!!! Can't wait to break out my foam stamps!

Charity Hassel said...

girl, this rocks. so, now i actually WANT to use my foam stamps for something!! wohoo!

Sherry Wright said...

Kandis, this is awesome and so is your card!!

Laura said...

oh my gosh kandis, i knew you were brilliant . . .but this is GENIUS! you are so awesome!!! i can't wait to try it!!!

Daniela said...

How cool is that. I have a ton of glitter...and foam stamps. I will have to give this a try.

Linda said...

Hello! This is wonderful! You could possibly make me like glitter! Great idea and your card example is adorable.

Pamela Smerker said...

Great tute! I know how much time it takes to right out a tutorial and add the pictures, so thank you thank you!! I will have to try this out for sure.
TFS!!

sjk said...

Okay. I'll be going to the craft store for some foam stamps and tacky glue on Sunday! Thanks for the great tip and tutorial!
Sara in WI

Janean Campbell said...

This is a super cool idea...Thanks for sharing.

Sonda T said...

OMG! I love this idea! All my foam stamps are packed tho...ALL OF THEM! Wont get them back till we move into the new house. boohooo!! Anyone want to make me some and send them to me? hee hee just kiddin. I have a friend here who has her stamps readily available so I'll be borrowing hers for sure. Thanks!

Mybiz said...

oh man!. i just bought some foam stamps yesterday, and didnt know how i was gonna use them. i just had that one day i'll use them moment and bought them lol.
now im glad I did!!