Friday, February 10, 2012

CPS 5th Anniversary Day 13 with Lea Lawson and Clearsnap

Welcome to Day 13 of the CPS 5th Anniversary Celebration.  

Hey there everyone!  It's Lea Lawson here, hosting day 13 of the CPS 5th Anniversary!  I have been with CPS since the VERY beginning, when I was also just a beginner card maker.  What an incredible journey it has been, growing alongside one of the best sketch challenges out there.  I love using the sketches and seeing how each design team member interprets them.  We have the greatest group of designers, both current and alumni, and you just know you are going to find some lovely inspiration all week long! 


Apart from CPS, I am also the design team coordinator for a product manufacturer, Glitz Design.  I am also on the design teams for Lawn Fawn & WPlus9 stamps.  You will often see my work in Cards Magazine, and among other publications as well.  I have a blog that I frequently post to, and you can check that out at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine.  Other than that, I am also a wife, sister, daughter and professional photographer. {No really...I am.  I followed my dream and went to photography school in 2009.  I started my business shortly after, and now focus on boutique wedding photography & fashion infused seniors.}

For today’s sketch I chose CPS #121. 


My Card
 "Here's to a Wonderful Life" 

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Paper: Pink Paislee & My Mind's Eye
Doily: Wilton
Stamps: Flourishes & Glitz Design
Ink: Clearsnap (Donna Salazar Mixed Media: black & Limited Edition Pigment: wheatgrass)
Distress Ink/Blending Tool: Tim Holtz
Ribbon/Twine: May Arts
Lace/Button: craft supply
Pins: Maya Road
Flower: Prima Marketing
Pearls: Michael's brand

This sketch is one of the two being sponsored by Clearsnap .    
Also visit them on Facebook and their blog!


To be entered for a chance to win the anniversary prize from  Clearsnap  simply post a direct link to your newly created card using this sketch in the Mr Linky section at the end of this post.  (Cards not created specifically for the anniversary celebration will be disqualified).  Each sponsor will be sponsoring two days of sketches so that’s at least two chances to win!  

Now, of course you won’t want to stop with just this one sketch!  Sketches will be posted on the CPS blog from Sunday January 29 thru Sunday February 12 for a total of 15 sketches. All readers who complete all 15 sketches featured throughout our Anniversary celebration will also be entered into the grand prize drawing! This prize pack includes a prize from all of our CPS Anniversary sponsors (listed below)

Deadline for entry in both the individual and grand prize drawings is midnight Saturday February 18. Winners will be verified and be announced on Friday February 24, 2012 on both the blog and CPS Fan page on Facebook.

32 comments:

Riette said...

I really, really like this one a lot!

Betty Benton said...

Great sketch; but, I've enjoyed every single one!

Carla said...

LOVE this sketch!

Arnoldo L. Romero said...

Thanks for the challenge and... Y'all come see my blog!

joy said...

Loved this sketch because it offers so much to layer!

Ravengirl said...

This was a great sketch and I can totally see myself using this one again.

Becky Sorensen said...

This was fun. I am so proud of myself - 13 in a row!!! lol I challenged myself to do all 15.

Linda Suarez said...

Fun sketch!

Kimberly said...

This sketch is just so fun to work with!! :) Thanks again!

Julie said...

Another great sketch! Had to replace the star with a hear to do yet another Valentine card. I love how it turned out!!!

Julie M
http://scraphappypapercrafter.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

I love the sketch, I made mine more on the CAS side but that was okay, lots of possibilities on this one! Your sample is so sweet, Lea!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

one more valentine done - yeah

Barb Housner

Yvonne B. said...

This sketch worked very well for my valentine! Thanks for providing a wonderful sketch once again!

Betty said...

Another great sketch to play with!! Thanks

maria f. said...

Beautiful card. My take on this sketch was completely different!

Katy_Szwarc said...

Great sketch x

Katie said...

Finally got to use a star chipboard sticker from Martha Stewart I have been dying to use!

Katie said...

Love, love, love the card. Black, Pink, & White is such a great color combo!

Caroline said...

I finally made it !

Cynthia said...

Great sketch! I've enjoyed each one along the way.

Jennifer Roach said...

Love this sketch and what a gorgeous card!

CG said...

Such a stunning card! Thank you for the inspiration!

Betty Neville said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks you for a great sketch!

CraftyViolet said...

I put all my cards on seperate posts but they are not letting me choose which one it matches. Oh Oh!
This is not good.

Asha said...

Such a cute sketch! I see myself using this over and over again! Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie said...

Last sketch posted for me!!! Loved it, although I turned it on it's side! Thanks for all of the inspiration!!!

Lena said...

I turned the sketch on its side but I adore it either way!!

Tanya said...

What a great sketch! Loved the CAS design.

Cynthia B. said...

Lea, your card is absolutely beautiful! I don't think I took the sketch up a notch like you did, but I'm happy to be able to participate. Thank you!

Charissa said...

BEAUTIFUL card! My version of this sketch is a little simpler. Thanks for the inspiration!

Vickie O'Dell said...

The star on this design was perfect for making a card for my son for tomorrow. This design is also good for a CAS card with lots of white space. Thanks for picking this one.

Belz said...

Sorry # 87 is wrong link! xxx