Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Bittersweet Ending- CPS October 2012

October 2012 announcement, which will remain at the top of the blog for new visitors. Please scroll down for design team posts and to enter your card in our final challenge ending 10/31/12.

Good morning, CPS readers! 

Tami Mayberry here with a special post to kick off the month of October. As many of you may know, I am the founder and sketch artist here on the CPS blog. I started the CPS card sketch blog over 5 1/2 years ago with a vision. Before becoming a cardmaker, I was a scrapbooker. In the scrapbook industry layout sketches were very popular at that time. But, when I looked around there were practically no such things for card makers. Most people had never even heard of card sketches or even knew what to do with them. So, with the help of some great friends and card makers the CPS blog was born. Shortly after I was blessed enough to be able to work on a series of books. And the excitement has continued since.

But, as they say, all good things must come to an end. That  excitement that was once there has subsided. I have taken a step back to reevaluate and see if this is the path I should continue on.  In reality, the need for this blog has also been replaced by the influx of challenge blogs over the past few years. While I have struggled with the decision for months now, I have finally come to a point that I am at peace with the fact that it is time to move on. With that, October will be the final month of the CPS blog. I have asked each of the current designers to share one last card with you using a past sketch and share their farewells throughout the month. (I hope you will play along!)

As for me, when I look back over the past 5 1/2 years I am amazed at all that has went on here. From friendships, to prizes, to magazine sponsored contests to the support of outstanding manufacturers.  I want to thank all of the generous sponsors who have donated hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars worth of prizes and supplies for both the designers and readers. I want to thank the CPS designers. These ladies are top notch not only in their design work but as friends as well. They have always been there to step up when I needed something and support not only me but each other. Thanks to Jeanne Streiff and Laura Williams for posting and keeping up with everything for me over the last few months while I was off trying to find my path. I want to thank Annie's publishing (formerly DRG publishers) for the work on my books. A huge thank you to my friend Tanya Fox who has always supported me in making my dreams come true, and continues to do so even as the vision changes. And most of all, I want to thank the over 960,000 people who have visited this blog over the last 5 1/2 years. You all are what makes it great!!!

So, now what? As for me I will be focusing more on illustrating and my stamp line with Gina K Designs. I will continue to create card sketches that can be found in each issue of CardMaker magazine, as well has writing and design work for them. I am going to work once again with scrapbooking in the form of Project Life and will be offering tips, ideas, free templates, cut files and more on my blog. I'll even be posting sketches on my blog on occasion for those who stop by to say hello. And, I have a few other exciting things in the works that I can't share just yet. I am FAR from done in the papercraft industry. You'll find me spending much more time on my blog, Facebook and Pinterest (if that's possible). It's just time to change my focus. That is something I am, once again, excited about.  

We do have a sponsor this month so be sure and post your cards using the sketches the designers are providing and share them in the My Linky post from yesterday for a chance to win. Finally, with the sadness of an era ending and the joy of new beginnings. I give you my final CPS card and accompanying sketch.


CPS 102





Wishing You a Bright and Happy Day
Designer Tami Mayberry
Supplies:
Card stock: Gina K Design, Bazzill Prismatics
Patterns: Authentique
Stamps: Tami Mayberry for Gina K Designs (Lighthearted Wishes, Take Note)
Pearls: Want2Scrap
Ink: Clearsnap Fluid Chalk (Chestnut Roan)
Dies: My Favorite Things

31 comments:

Rebecca said...

So sad to hear that CPS is coming to an end. It has been a wonderful resource that will be missed. That being said...I am happy to hear you are moving forward and wish you the best in all that you do!

Maureen L. said...

I'm sad but I do understand. As when one of my team at work looks for new and exciting opportunities its a "good for you sad for us" kind of situation. CPS has stretched me as a card maker and I SO appreciate all your work in keeping it going. Thanks for all the inspiration in the past and best wishes on all the new endeavors!

Andrea said...

Also sad to hear CPS is coming to a close, but I am thrilled to hear your pursuit will continue! Many good wishes to you in the next phase of your crafting life!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i wish you so many blessings and miracles. your challenge has been fabulous. i see you monthly in the magazine and i follow your blog. i'm glad you're not "disappearing" completely. thank you for all the smiles and fun your brought to challenge-land.

big, big hugs :)

~amy~ said...

Such sad news...thanks for all the fabulous inspiration and best wishes on your new journeys.

scrapper al said...

I found this site a year or two ago and have pinned many a card and sketch for inspiration. Thank you and thank you design team for your contributions to this craft.

Kathi said...

Whereas I'm sad that CPS is coming to an end, I'm happy that you will be starting new endeavors and continuing on your creative journey.

Thanks for the years of hard work and inspiration.

Good luck in the future!

Tanya said...

I'm sad to see the challenge blog come to an end, I've used it so many times for sketches and inspiration. I'm happy for you for your new journey in the papercrafting world. Best wishes to you!

Laura Williams said...

puffy hearts, my friend!!!!!! xoxo

Natty said...

Really sorry to hear that CPS will end, it has always been my go-to blog for card sketches, so much inspiration and so many, many lovely projects over the years. Big thanks to you and the whole team for all of your hard work! xx

Teresa Kline said...

congrats! I am very excited for you..thank you for your dedication to bringing us fabulous sketches here at CPS. I wish you much success in your future!

enjoy *~*

sparkling stamper said...

I have only recently "found" you, but I have enjoyed the sketches and challenges I have used and participated in. You have an amazing talent. Good luck in your future endeavors -

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

Tami - thank you for everything you have done in the world of cardmaking - good luck on your future adventures in the world of paper. We all reach turning points in our lives and need to move in new directions.

Good luck

Barb Housner

Linda Carson said...

Thanks for the 5 1/2 years of CPS and inspiring creativity!

Betty Neville said...

Thank you for all the inspiration, and for all of the lovely sketches! All the best to you! And I will continue to see you over at StampTV and on your blog!

Yvonne B. said...

Tami,

Thank you for all you have done. I will enjoy your books and sketches you have created this past 5-1/2 years. Best of luck to you in your new endeavors! Thanks again!

maria f. said...

Best wishes on what lies ahead, Tami.

Jennie said...

Beautiful post my friend and lovely card! Looking forward to seeing where He leads you creatively speaking :)

Darlene S. said...

So sad to hear you are stopping the blog. I look forward to a new sketch each week. Good luck in your new ventures!

Lucy Pochedly said...

I am so sorry you are leaving...good luck in all your new ventures. I will truly miss CPS I check it out daily.

Colien said...

Oh, I'm just sad that CPS is ending... Loved all the sketches and tried to join you every week. Thanks so much for the wonderful lay-outs and I'm glad to join this last time and that the sketches can be found on internet :)
Thanks again and good luck on your new challenges!
Dutch grtz.Colien

Grace said...

I'm so sad this will be the last sketch for CPS... =(
I always look forward to all your weekly sketches.
will you ever decide to come back?
you'll be missed Tami.

Made by Mandy said...

Oh my. how fast has that 2 1/2 years gone? It seems only a short time ago when you started CPS. Thank you for all the wonderful sketches you have produced, they really have helped me with my composition over the years.

Wishing you tremendous success with your new endeavours :)

Love and Best Wishes

Mandy xxx

Marianne said...

I have just found your blog through another blog I've started to follow and I've taken a look at your past sketches. Love the fact that most of them are pretty straightforward. I love using sketches because it gives me a perfect starting point for my creations. Hope your sketches will continue to be available online, since I intend to make good use of them LOL. Good to know you will stay crafty. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tami for your years of inspiration and creativity . I have enjoyed this site, but look forward as well to your new adventures.

Lindalou said...

So sorry this is going away. This was the first card sketch site I came across and at the time was surprised at how many card makers there are out there.

I will have to go find a new site for inspiration.

Good luck on your future endeavors.

Tess Davis said...

So sad to hear CPS is finished. :( For the past couple of months I have been playing with your sketches, starting with number one. I just came tonight to load #12 and play...and saw your announcement.

Best of luck to you, and I will miss your talented sketches very much!!

x0x0x

Angie said...

It's always sad to say good-bye but glad you will still be in the paper crafting business!!!

I found CPS about a year ago through Lee (LuvLee at SCS). I was a brand new stamper and she mentioned that there were sites that offered challenges with a prize.

I made my first "not so good" cards and entered them here!

I have been busy the last few months on a DT so I haven't had time to visit here lately but tonight I wanted to see if I could find a sketch for a HYCCT card and thought I would come here. I am glad I did, so that I can say THANK YOU for all your hard work and inspiration.

I get your posts via email so you won't be far away! :)

Thank you!!!!!

Venus said...

I hope this blog will stay here for I will continue to visit it every time I need an inspiring sketch for a new card. Farewell and best wishes!

Venus and Luanne
http://sisterscraftcafe.blogspot.com

Chris said...

I couldn't find a linky place so I'm putting my card here.
I didn't get to play with your challenge often but I did check here at least once a week. And I have one of the books. I appreciate all the work that goes into this, and thank you for doing it for as long as you did. I will miss my visits here change is inevitable and resistance is futile.
good luck on you journey.
here's my card -
http://easilyamused-chrisv.blogspot.com/2012/10/cic183-bugaboo-witch.html

Lee said...

((((Tami)))) You are seriously talented and such an awesome lady!! I'm so glad I'll still get to work with you!!! You will be blessed and successful...and being happy in whatever direction you go is the key! Hugs!!! I've enjoyed being a part of CPS so much!!